1 day old chick cant stand -- help

CelticOaksFarm

Family owned, family run
10 Years
Sep 7, 2009
Florida - Space Coast
Everyone else including the tiny Silkie who hatched last is up and running, this poor thing skoots on her butt and flaps her tiny wings. I will get some video and or pictures of her and how she sits and moves. Looking for help/suggestions.

hu.gif
AHhhh- poor chicky

Spraddle leg? Are her legs sticking out to the side? If so you can use a bandaid to tape them together into a normal position.

As soon as I catch her awake again [ics will be taken. I did split her this morning when I found her all splayed out. Of coarse she is the smallest of the RiR's just bigger than my black silkie 1 day old

I don't have much to say, I guess. I do have one chick that can't walk either. Her legs are curled up as well as her toes. Tried to bootie her but didn't work. She gets around just fine and doesn't seem to be any different then the others. Just took her to the vet today and they said there wasn't anything that can be done.

Ever chick is different though. All I can say is try your best to strap her legs with bandaid and see what comes. YOu may have better luck then us on this issue.

OddBall, her name, will forever be the house chick. She will not be allowed to go in the pen with the other chicks but we will let her outside with supervision. Right now she just LOVES to be cuddled by rather me or my husband. Some how she knows who puts their hand in the cage. Anyone other then me or hubby, she will NOT crawl on their hand but peck at them.

Well little miss cant stand is running full force today with no problems at all. Today is her 3rd day out of the shell, so I guess she was slow to gather her legs under herself. Thanks for tips and offering of help. So far so good 13 happy new babies

Back
Top Bottom