1 day old chick. Might be sick? PIC Attached

rhino533

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 21, 2011
Thailand
My chicks started hatching yesterday morning. The first chick that hatched was really active and seemed ok. This morning she seems to want to sleep and sleep standing up. She seems to want to sleep constantly. She will stand up normally and then you will see her head slowly start to fall till it touches the ground then she'll either sleep for a bit or stand up again. Most of the time her eyes are closed but she does open them sometimes. Yesterday she acted like a normal chick. Do you think she's sick? I've attached a pic.

87952_img_0202.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry.. I have silkies that do that but I swear they are just being stubborn about laying down to go to bed! You know, like when you were a kid and mom caught you sleeping on the couch and told you to go to bed and you replied "i'm awake!"
lol.png
If you've taken the chick out of the bator and moved it to a brooder, you could add electrolytes or a pinch of sugar to the water for a little boost. I did a pinch of sugar with my TSC banties (bought them the day they arrived) and they were much less lethargic afterwards. Good luck!
hugs.gif

P.S. Congrats!!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom