1 day old mistory chick pictures. 10 out of 12 hatched

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Thunderboltt, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Thunderboltt

Thunderboltt Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2012
    Got the eggs from a farmer 12 or $1.00 but he couldn't tell me what breed of chick they would be only that they would be laying hens. Can anyone identify them? There are 2 of the yellowish ones 4 Black ones and 4 brown with a strip. This a portrait of 3 of the chicks
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. a123andpoof

a123andpoof Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    I don't know what they are, but they are adorable!

3. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    They look like mixes to me. The first chick has 5 toes on at least one foot which would lead to dorking or faverolles, but it has the looks of a production red or gold comet.

The striped chick has the legfuzz of a cochin, faverolles, or sultan, but no other feature of those breeds. I also see a muff on it, which would lead me to a d'uccle or faverolles cross.

The black chick is some sort of barred cross.

They are adorable, it'll be interesting to see how they turn out!

4. Thunderboltt

Thunderboltt Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2012
    Thank you so much i think they are very cute they were an experement to see if i could hatch chickens. I have never done it before or even watch a chick be hatched only on youtube. Its a pretty good tool to give a good idea on what to expect along with this wonderful forum. I was pretty pleased with it. I lost one about the 4th day of incubation and one on the 19th or 20th day the rest hatched. 6 weeks ago I bought my first chickens ever cornish coss and there about ready to butcher there 5 1/2 pounds live wieght. I also bought already hatched 15 leg horns and 5 black sexlinks i think that is what you call them, and 3 easter eggers. My mother had an old incubator that she never used and gave to me like 20 years ago and i have had it in my basement ever sence. So i dug it out and fired it up bought a flat of eggs from a local farmer for $1.00 he said the should be good for hatching and they would be layers?????? He didn't know what kind they would be though he had all kinds of chickens. The results was 10 pretty cute mystery chickens lol.

5. Peter1975

Peter1975 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2012
    First two look like ISA warrens, and they lay like all day long. Not sure about the rest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by