1 DOZEN BLACK COPPER MARANS HATCHING EGGS!!!...Sold

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bishopschickens, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    There are 1 dozen eggs for sale that came from margret (mergmet). The birds lay a nice dark egg but just started to lay which you will notice there getting darker by the day. These have very light feathers on the legs but hardly noticeable on the rooster. The darker eggs are about the darkness of a good welsummer egg. The only neg on these birds are some have a crooked toe here and there. Sorry to go on but trying to be honest with everyone. These will be $40.00 for the dozen shipped. my paypal account is bbgetrdone@aol.com and have to be sold today.

Brandon

2. pop57

pop57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2008
    Mount Sterling, Ky
    Where are you?
    Pop

3. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    oh sorry im in cumberland, va

Brandon

4. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Quote:That's really interesting... I don't own marans but I always heard they got lighter over the course of the laying season, not darker...? do they get darker, then lighter, or what? [​IMG]

5. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    My BCM pullets layed a few lighter eggs at first and are now laying darker eggs. They too came hatching eggs purchased Margaret (Mergmet). Will the phenomenom repeat itself the next laying cycle? Who knows until it happens! They are big beautiful birds with a wonderful temperment. I adore them.

Brandon, if I had the funds available right now I'd buy them. Keep me in mind for your next dozen. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  6. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    yes this is the first year owning them and at first I was dissapointed as they were about the darkness of a barred rock with brown specks and then all the sudden the next day they got solid brown and now are chocolate. kinda neat infact if someone could help me with posting a pic I would love to post one for you to see as its really neat. I always thought they got lighter to but every day they just keep getting darker and darker. They are young and just started laying but the rooster I have everytime I turn around hes on a hen haha.

7. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    oh and im sorry to post I just got them from margret but cannot remember the lines she said they were. Think she said valentine but cant remember. I remember the lines my dad got from her (blue marans) bev davis and they are gorgeous with the feathers down the legs.

Brandon

8. dave27889

dave27889 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Washington, NC
    Hey, Brandon I sent you a PM. Thanks for the response. I guess you will be sending me eggs sometime Monday or so. Thanks a lot. To everybody else. This is realy a nice guy. He and I have sent messages back and forth. He is really responsive also. Brandon I wish you great success and I will update you on the eggs you are sending me. Thanks again, dave27889

9. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    I have 5 BCM hens and a roo from Margret. They do lay a nice, large, almost round shaped dark brown egg. Pretty girls too. I'm planning to put some in the incubator next week.

10. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    that is exactly like mine then! I have already sold this dozen to dave for next week and we also have a dozen on eggbid that will end in 5 days but in about 2 weeks I will have more! Thanks everyone who emailed me and if you want some down the road please email me and ill email you back asap.

God Bless,
    Brandon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by