1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

1 Dozen Easter Egger Eggs - SOLD OUT! THANKS EVERYONE!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ParkerVA, Sep 8, 2008.

1. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    I am getting plenty of eggs right now so thought I would offer some for sale. My Ameraucanas and EEs are all together now, so it is a very mixed bag....

The main rooster is a blue wheaten Ameraucana.

There are also 3 cockerels in with them... a wheaten Ameraucana, blue Ameraucana and a white EE.

The hens are blue wheaten & wheaten Ameraucana, black/blue/splash Ameraucana, white Ameraucana, and all colors of EE... including some cuckoo/barred, all different shades of brown, gold and a pretty white hen with a rose colored breast.

Also in the pen are 2 Cochin/Ameraucana cross pullets and 3 Turken/Ameraucana cross pullets. I do not know if they are laying, they are 6/7 months old, so they could be. So, there is a possibility of a chick with some feathers on its legs, or even *gasp* a naked neck. [​IMG] (I will gladly take any naked neck chicks back, you just ship 'em to me![​IMG] )

These hatch out all kinds of colors! A box of chocolates!

I will only send green/blue eggs.

Post sold and pm me.

*Also, I do not have any pure Ameraucana eggs at this time, just the mix. I lost almost 40 of my birds to a horrible dog attack this summer and just don't have the heart to set the breeder pens back up.*

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, no, JD! That's awful about your birds! I'm so, so sorry. [​IMG] Too many of these stories lately, my friend. Someone will want these eggs, I'm sure. I'm so done with hatching for a long while.

3. ParkerVA

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    Thanks Cyn, it was a bad, bad afternoon. Carnage actually.

I've also had to deal with a pesky raccoon problem, but at least they eat the chickens.

Nothing could be done about the dog either, since I did not see him actually kill a chicken. The people did get a good warning and I told them I had a camera set up and gave them an estimate on what the monetary amount of the chickens were. They gulped when they saw the estimated dollar amount.... haven't seen the dog since. [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good for you to show them what their dog destroyed, monetarily speaking. Packs a little punch, I hope, so they keep him home.

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I wish I could take them... I've been looking for green egg layers for my layer flock. But hubby would kill me.

I do hope you will find it in you to set up the breeder pens again... [​IMG]

6. ParkerVA

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    Thanks Mrs. AK, I will! It just made me feel very discouraged! You all are the best!

7. Chamelle

Chamelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    Springfield, OR
    Parker, I will take them!

This is exactly what I've been looking for. I don't really care about the pure blood of the Ameraucanas, but love the blue and green eggs.

I'm scared of the NN's though. lol

I'll PM you.

I am so sorry about your flock. I've only lost one to a predator. I thought at first it might be neighbor cat, but saw a hawk the next day. I know it sounds nuts, but I'd much prefer to think my chick went to feed something than just to be senslesly gnawed on by some animal who has a full food bowl at home.

8. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I am so sorry that is offal if a dog ever killed all my birds and I knew which one it was I might just take him for a stroll off to the pound or the ground.

Henry

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  9. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:If you put those blue wheaten ameraucana pens back, I'll be looking for some in the Spring... [​IMG]

I'm just sayin'...

Edited because I can't spell...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  10. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    oh oh me to I might start a small flock of wheaten and blue wheatens I have two ok hens and I am getting more chicks in a few weeks.

Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by