1 dozen French Black Copper Marans eggs (very dark)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pasofinofarm, Dec 22, 2009.

1. pasofinofarm

pasofinofarm NONESUCH FARM CONROE TX

Mar 22, 2007
    Near Houston, TX
    One dozen French Black Copper Marans eggs. These birds are very correct. See our home page @ www.nonesuchfarm.net. If you are sure you would like delivery of eggs now you can PM and get the current auction price and leave the auction for the next person as I think I can only do three auctions a month now [​IMG]

Merry Christmas!

Melissa

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Can you post pictures of the parents, and of the eggs ... here on this auction? It is difficult for me to buy eggs, without seeing the parents. I hope you understand, and are not offended by this request. You say the eggs are very dark ... I would really like to see. Thanks!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Go to my New Years Day Hatch thread. I have pics there. They are the ones on the right side and back of my hovabator. They are VERY DARK... much darker than my GC Marans.

I candled on day 10 (Sunday) and 16 of the 18 she sent me were moving and developing. She truly packs her eggs with great care and love.

I've always done well with Melissa's eggs and she is the one that got me my start with my W/BW Ameraucanas that my wife thinks are now her favorite chickens because " they are so beautiful". ... and those eggs are VERY blue!

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Thanks Mahonri. I appreciate your post! I will go look.

5. pasofinofarm

Mar 22, 2007
    Near Houston, TX
    I'll do my best on the pics but everything seems to be conspiring against it... my computer crashed and I lost a years worth of pics... it has rained for days/weeks now and everything is a muddy mess... I got chosen for Christmas overtime at work... and now I got DH to grab a few pics today during our first sunny day and my computer doesn't 'recognize' my new camera and my son is not able to add my BCM page or Red Wattle hog page to my site because the buttons are actually clickable images and he can't remember how he made them...too funny! ... I was hoping for someone who knows me and would take my word. [​IMG] But if not I need deviled eggs for Christmas [​IMG] And of course I am not offended. Really go check out my farm page... you'll see what we are all about!

Peace and Blessings,
    Melissa

6. organicfoltzfamilyfarm

organicfoltzfamilyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Trafalgar, IN
    Are these of a specific breeder line?

7. pasofinofarm

Mar 22, 2007
    Near Houston, TX
    Wade Jeane... but isn't that what everyone says... a respected breeder sent me an offer to trade egg for egg a year ago... his BCM for my Golden Cuckoo Marans... I took him up on it... I got 8 eggs ... 8 hatched... 6 were pullets... nice pullets... then I got a chance at a pick from a couple dozen Braden Cockerels and I took the nicest one... very nice and put him over them... so far the chicks have been hardy, typy and early maturers. I have the originals and the pullets from the Braden roo laying now. Color is great and very consistent.

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    From what I've seen of other Maran's breeders, the color is great and your price is just real nice!! Everyone will have to follow my New Years Day Hatch thread to see the chicks that come from them. I'm hoping for lots of pullets.

9. Shiningfeather

Shiningfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    I looked at your page but didn't see any BCM there. Are they feather legged or bare?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  10. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    Quote:Is there any way you can direct link to the post (using the timestamp link) from your New Year's hatch thread? It's not very easy to sift through multiple pages looking for your pictures. Sorry and thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by