1 egg almost 2 weks ago and nothg since

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Weve3Chickens123, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Weve3Chickens123

Weve3Chickens123 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2011
    I have three chickens, 2 almost 7 months old ( a barred rock and an olive egger) and one I bet is at least a year. The older one is a re-homned hen that I was told "just started to lay" but I got one small egg almost 2 weeks ago and nothing since. They have free run of a large penned in area and are only locked up at night. The have plenty of greens, vegetables and fruit (especially cool watermelon because of the hot days), plenty of fresh clean water and clean bedding, hgh quality layer mash and oats, even meal worm snacks. In other words they are pretty spoiled chickens. And the younger two almost 2 months and the older one about 2 weeks ago. Even though the older one was rehomed due to a traumatic event ( all her coop mates being picked off by predators) shouldn't they feel t home by now??? I got that one egg and I'm pretty sure it was a first egg by my barred rock. hat's going one?? Shouldn't I be getting eggs from them all by now??[​IMG]

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Got a picture? I bet you were lied to about their ages.

3. Weve3Chickens123

Weve3Chickens123 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2011
    The Barred Rock and Olive Egger ( Marans/Ameraucana mix) I've had about 2 months and they were supposed to have been 5 months old then. The New Hampshire Red, I was told, was just under a year and had only just started laying. Here's some pics:
    All three together
    [​IMG]

Olivia, My Olive Egger
    [​IMG]

Rose, the re-homed chicken
    [​IMG]

Peggy Sue - whom I believe laid the one, tiny egg I got over a week ago
    [​IMG]

4. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    The olive egger looks a bit young still to me, but I'm not familiar with them really so maybe I'm wrong. The heat could be affecting their laying too. Give them some more time. Don't know why but some just take a lot longer to lay regularly than others. Sounds like you're doing everything right so now it's just more waiting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by