1 egg, and then nothing?

Very normal. It takes time for most young female's reproductive systems to get on a good schedule, chickens are the same. Irregular laying schedule, double yolks, no yolks, shell-less eggs, shells with weird ridges/bumps, these things are all normal occasionally and just glitches she'll work out.

Thank you.

Its a little agonizing isnt it?

I refuse to buy more eggs. I expected to see one this morning, but all there was was a touseled nesting box.) Almost 3 days now.
idunno.gif

I need to stop looking 4 times per day! (I cant help it! haha!) I think its the watched pot thing!

ok, I'm now at 4 full days with no eggs since the first one!!!!!
he.gif

I'm beginning to think someone snuck that first egg into our nest to play with me.

Anyone else think that's weird?

LOL!! I thought the same thing! We called my mother in law, who is our neighbor, a few weeks ago to see if she snuck an egg in the nest as a joke but she didn't. We didn't see another egg for a whole week! She layed it two Sundays ago then layed another one on the next Sunday. We said she is a "holy" chicken! Three weeks later we are seeing one egg a day out of 9 chickens! I wish they would get to producing!

Yay! I went out to the coop this morning to see two ladies on the nest. We got our second egg! This one from a different chicken.

The top one is today's from Elmyra, my Black Austrolorp. The bottom is my first, I think from Virginia, my SLW.

Last edited:
Hi!! I am so confused!!

We had an egg on July 15th from one of our hens & we were so excited! It's now Sept.1st and haven't had another egg?? She acts fine, eats & drinks well. We have checked her for a egg and don't see any stuck? Please help!! Suggestions??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom