1 hatched so far but what is it???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hobbley_Farm, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    I just had one chick hatch out. It's from a brown egg. That means it's either from my barred rock or my sex links or dark cornish. But the fathers could only have been a White BO mix, a Sex link (which is no longer with us and he was white) or our white crested black polish....whom I've never seen successfully mount anyone but the other polish girls. This chick is as black as night! I was expecting a white, yellow, or chipmunk looking chick from this brown egg. I'm so stumped! I hope the others hatch...they haven't done anything yet. sheesh!

2. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    You should post a picture of her/him [​IMG] an congratz!

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Yes, a pic would be very helpful !!

CONGRATS on the first baby [​IMG] [​IMG]

Come on other babies, we are waiting for you !!!!! [​IMG]

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] awesome but without a picture we won't know [​IMG]

but really....we just wanna droll over it's cutness he he! [​IMG]

5. Hobbley_Farm

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    I'll have to try later. I'll get pics of it and the other one I have in my closet along with the different hens and roos. I have to go help clear some land right now.

6. Hobbley_Farm

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    K, can't clear today because tot has a bit of a cold [​IMG] But on inspecting this new chick further...I'm starting to wonder if it IS infact a Polish x. I'm SOOO excited! It's the only thing I can figure. No clue who the mama is but know it's one of 4. It does not have a crested shaped head, but I have read that they don't always have those funny shaped heads when they're crossed. I hope I hope I hope [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by