1 hen coop ... (8 Pics)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Rennie, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Rennie

Rennie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    Derbyshire, England
    [​IMG]

Based loosely on this photo i found yesterday I decided i needed to build my 12 week old chick a new house before he gets big enough to go in with the rest .. When that time has arrived I will use the coop I made as a broody coop, If i ever get a broody hen that is.

Laying around my yard I had 4 "new" pallets that where not doing anything and were begging to be used ...So this is what I did .....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the reason its so narrow is so it fits between my greenhouse an the fence to the veg garden

[​IMG]

Its not completely finished yet ..I still have to cover the nest box sides with felt, Put some guttering on the back, Design a door for the nest box and paint it all ...

I think it turned out ok .. Thought i would share it [​IMG] ... Overall it cost me about £10 (uk) That was for the wire, hinges, lock clasps and a padlock .. Bargain [​IMG] [​IMG]

...Now i just have to hope for a broody one day to make the most of it [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    At first I thought "ONE CHICKEN COOP.....WHO WANTS ONE LONELY CHICKEN?!" But, I finished reading and looked at all the pics and I think it's a great idea for a broody house!

BRAVO!

Sharon

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I think that's absolutely wonderful!! It look fantastic! [​IMG]

4. Rennie

Rennie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    Derbyshire, England
    Thanks [​IMG]

.. Lets hope it works just as good [​IMG] - Cant see any reason why any chicken wouldnt like it [​IMG]

5. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Great idea!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by