1 lonely quail

Discussion in 'Quail' started by PaigeHgibson, May 12, 2011.

1. PaigeHgibson

PaigeHgibson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    I went to a sale and was appalled by the conditions of some courtornix quail so I bought them ...
    Severe bumble foot, bald on the back , there eyes were swelled , and they were nose picked ... 4 quail all of this could have been prevented if they hadnt been so overcrowded like 200 to a tiny hutch [​IMG] ( the seller had sold the rest earlier that day )

1st night the boys died i tried everything , this morning the hen died ... now i only have one left and she is healthy from what i can see not even close to how the others were , she will make it , I just feel bad because she will be lonely , hoping to find a male quail from a sale this month got to keep a eye open

Her name is Franny ( mom named her ) , wish her best [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Now I am worried that the male isn't carrying anything...because you don't know what the housing was prior to the sale. Maybe there was a reason the 4 were left in the cage? People don't want sick birds....I hope the little guy makes it.

3. PaigeHgibson

PaigeHgibson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    thank you [​IMG] I really hope she makes it . i am taking precautions and have kept her very far away from my others and washing my hands after handling , how long should i quarintine her ?

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Quarantine is usually a month but it may take longer depending upon the situation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by