1 Male 1 Female Chickens For Adoption

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Panana, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Panana

Panana New Egg

Jun 20, 2016
    Hi Everyone! I am new to this forum and saw many wonderful advises from people everywhere! I have 2 beautiful chickens named Butter (female) and Milk (male). Sadly, i have to move out from this place very soon and i cannot keep them anymore. I am looking for a kind and loving owner to adopt them and shelter their needs. Someone is asking if they can only have the hen instead of the rooster because of their crowing, but i don't think it is a good idea to separate them since they are companions and one would call for the other when missing? May i ask if my rooster will definitely crow? I am not sure what breed are they.

[​IMG]

If anyone is interested, please feel free to request for more photos or come down to our place at Gatton, QLD and have a look. Photos are from when they were young, and this latest photo was taken on 20/06/2016. I still have some food left for them and a plastic box they love and were raised from. You may contact me at 0411141254 [​IMG].

Otherwise, it would be helpful if i can have other suggestions on what i could do with them.

Thank you chick lovers!
    Cheers.

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! That's so sad that you are having to try and find a new home for them. How old are they? I'm not totally convinced that you have a roo there. Please do post your pic here ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this
    I'm more than sure members will be able to help you out with their breed and gender.

Once you have a post count of 20 you can advertise them in the buy sell trade section ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

Good luck in finding them a new home :fl

4. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    Hey @Panana I just wanted to tell you I wish you luck in re homing and that your chickens are the cutest!
    Justin [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please be aware that some folks who want reply to you could have bad plans in mind, for them. They are too beautiful for that.

6. Panana

Panana New Egg

Jun 20, 2016
    @BantamFan4Life Thank you for the welcoming response! I really appreciate that.
    @Yorkshire Coop : Yes, it is sad for me as well. Thank you for your useful links! I have posted the photos in the thread, hopefully I will get some confirmation. I'll say about 2 months old
    @Jucodeo @drumstick diva : Hi!! Thank you for the kind words. I have found an adopter on Gumtree. She has a chick that looks about the same age as my chicks and she wants some company for them. From the way she replied i am convinced that she wants them for real, as she promised to update me whenever she can. I am giving them up this Friday [​IMG].

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    You're welcome [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by