1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

1 Male Mallard, 2 Male Rouen Ducks

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by NefNess, Oct 5, 2013.

1. NefNess

NefNess New Egg

Oct 5, 2013
    Hello!

We're looking for a home for our three male ducks. The Mallard is our son's pet, he is 1 year old, named Sampson, he must go to a good home, no consumption!!! Our son can no longer have ducks due to a medical condition.

The 2 Rouen Ducks we purchased from a poultry breeder in Ramona, they are about 8 months old and just finished getting their green head and drake feathers...they have turned out so handsome! They are a bonded pair.

Sampson and the Rouens can go separately, but ducks do need a buddy so Sampson must go to a home that has at least one other duck.

They also have a small kiddie pool that can go with.

The picture is of Sampson, the Rouens look similar but are a bit larger and their heads are bigger and brighter green. If you are interested I can send pictures of them as well.

Thank you!

Vanessa
    [​IMG]

2. NefNess

NefNess New Egg

Oct 5, 2013
    Oh and they are located in Ramona, California (just outside San Diego).

3. preseiosa

preseiosa New Egg

Oct 29, 2013
    Hi Vanessa. My uncle just lost his male mallard. He cared for his male and female simce they were a few days old. He is very heart broken. They were his children. His female is not doing well. I live in Florida and trying to help find a male mallard for him and his female. He lives in Kearney Mesa, Ca. Do u still have your Mallard?

4. NefNess

NefNess New Egg

Oct 5, 2013
    Preseiosa, I'll send you a PM we still have him!

5. ChickMommaSD

ChickMommaSD Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    hi - your post is from oct, so assuming you no longer have them but just in case...

6. 2yearfarmer

2yearfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2014
    [​IMG]are my ducks mallards or rouen one is molting right now the one on the right and is the one on the left a male or female it is 7 weeks old this week and it has a girly quack with a peep the one on the far right is a khaki Campbell

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  7. soggybottommini

soggybottommini Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2013
    Baytown Texas
    They are rouen, and looks like the one on the left is a hen. One on the right is a drake In molt?

8. 2yearfarmer

Aug 9, 2014
    the one on the left is 7 weeks and the one on the right is 1 year and 5 months and the mother of the 7 week old rouen is a khaki campbell

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  9. 2yearfarmer

Aug 9, 2014
    I hope rouen is female the one molting that is the male is my brother zachs and he is 1 year and 5 months old and the other two are mine the only one that is 2 months is the little rouen not the khaki Campbell

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  10. 2yearfarmer

Aug 9, 2014
    i need to know if my two month old rouen is male or female

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by