1 month and no eggs

stokes

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 8, 2014
Waterford Ireland
I have 2 hybrids and 1 bantam all started laying in march. But a month ago the 2 hybrids went broody so it took me a week to stop them sitting in nest box and I thought it was sorted. But then bantam stopped laying. All I know is 1 started mooting others are grand. But yesterday the 2big ones are going in and out of coop making strange noises and clucking a lot could this mean they might start laying again or what's going on?
1f631.png

My hens must have heard me giving out went out this morning and I have my first egg since a month ago whatjoy to see it
1f49e.png
1f602.png
Theweird thing is it was Kiev the one that is molten who played its a small egg but hopefully the start of many to come

I was all eggcited about my first egg and called my daughter to tell her. She told me she collected 2 last night so that means they,re all laying yipee I,m just thrilled I,be eggs again

My hens must have heard me giving out went out this morning and I have my first egg since a month ago whatjoy to see it
1f49e.png
1f602.png
Theweird thing is it was Kiev the one that is molten who played its a small egg but hopefully the start of many to come

So then do u know why they had stopped laying??? My hen stopped approx 2 weeks ago (give or take) all else appears normal, eating, drinking, scratching, super talkative, and when the roo won't take no for an answer, she's still mating....But NO eggs...any ideas??

Hi newandjustafew - are you sure they are not laying, roosters will mount those hens which are productive (egg layers).  Could your hens be laying in a new spot?

I've checked EVERYWHERE they go. We got her couple months ago and after her initial adjustment of a new home she laid 3 of the cutest eggs (every other day) then one came outta her with no shell (membrane not intact) so the yolk plopped out, and the white drizzled out. I watched her VERY closely for three days after that, brought her in even. Totally normal, bright eyed, food eating, water drinking girl...but still no eggs. Let me add, it has been extreamly hot here (101-114) daily

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem. My girls all of a sudden quit! I have a 20 week plym rock who has only given me 2 eggs in 2 weeks and my buff orp who has been a constant layer and never misses a lick has stopped. They get 16% layer pellets. It's been so hot I have hung a fan in the house to keep them cool and added 3 more laying boxes now up to 5. I was hoping the cool front we are all having would be the trick but no eggs! My girls don't free range I have owls and hawks that would have them for dinner.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom