1 Month old chicks...help identifying breeds/colors?

Chicky85254

Songster
11 Years
Sep 22, 2008
AZ & CA
Trying to get some pictures to show on here... my first atttempt

P1000758-1.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like a red or partidge silkie to me? The hair fuzzy and all. As for sexing, WAY too young for that still I think.

I'm still figuring out how to get pics to actually show on here...I'm uploading to photobucket as we speak.
smile.png

I know we have 2 silkies, but not really sure what the colors of them are supposed to be...and we have 5 others, not exactly sure what they are, but as soon as I can get photos up I'll show ya!
wink.png

Let's try this ... *crossing my fingers*

P1000610-1.jpg

P1000634.jpg

P1000630.jpg

P1000636-1.jpg

P1000649.jpg

What color / type of chick could this be?? She's very pretty, whatever she is!
smile.png

P1000661-1.jpg

P1000714.jpg

Last edited:
gery/lavender is a n Ameraucana

the black and white is a female barred rock

dont know about the others

EEs?

red or partridge silkie

Last edited:
The white one looks like an ameraucana. Does the lavender one have green legs? Might be an EE. The buff silkie will be quite "dirty" in the tail and wings - it may be crossed with blue or partridge based on the foot fluff coloring.

Jody

Is the grey/blue one a blue splash, or lavender or ??? She's my favorite
smile.png
Her name is Sassy, because....well, she is! She DOES have green legs, and the white one does also.

I kinda thought the black ones (we actually have two of those) were probably Plymouth barred rocks...they are just so much smaller than the others and developing more slowly, I wasn't sure if they could be something else?

The silkies....one was a partridge colored chick as a baby (I mean she had the definite striping on her back) and the other actually started out as a light grey chick.

The one who is a mystery is the multicolored brownish one. She also started out being "stripey" on her back as a chick, but they were fainter stripes than the silkie. She's definitely the largest...we are calling her "Big Mama".
smile.png
She also has green legs, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom