1 month old swedish duck having sezuries please respond

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chris328, Apr 16, 2011.

1. chris328

chris328 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    i have 3 black swedish ducks and one welsh harliquin duck my biggest black swedish had a sezure this morning we picked him up and held him for a while he was looking alright then while i was holding him he had another one i held him again for a while he seemed to be ok again so i put him back in with the other ducks he seems to be ok so far the first sezure happened around 10:30 this morning the second one about an hour latter any imput will be helpfull

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Are they by any chance crested swedish? Crested ducks are more likely to have neurological problems - which could present in symptoms such as seizures. If not there is a number of other possibilities of what could have caused the seizures.

It could be from consuming something toxic- have they been outside in the garden- could they have eaten something they shouldnt. Is the crumble feed you have for them fresh ?

3. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

I would suggest going to this site www.thegoosesmother.com his phone number is on there and he can help you with you duck. he has helped me with mine and knows quite alot.

Good luck with everything

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by