Jan 24, 2010
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
. i am soooooo excited!!! only one more month till i get my chicks!!!!yippee!!!!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

4 ameracaaunas,4buff orps,3 RIR,3red rock crosses,3 red sussex crosses,and 3 isa browns!!!!!!!20 babies yahoooooooooo!

any tips are apreciated!!!!thnx chickmaniac250

Mine won't ship until April 12th too. Sigh....this is almost as hard as being pregnant
smile.png

I'm heading to a few stores today to check out aspen shavings for the brooder (and probably, eventually the coop floor), and to pick up a thermometer. I want to get out to set up my brooder today or tomorrow (repurposing an old freezer box, so I do need to either cut down a side, or make some sort of a door so I can actually reach the floor (it comes up past my waist height now, so I wouldn't be able to reach in and even change the water and feed as is)). I need to hang the heat lamp too. Then the rest of my weekends until then can be spent building their coop. Waiting is so hard.

The time does crawl when you are waiting for babies doesn't it? I am expecting mine on April 19th and it's taking forever for April to get here!
roll.png
I'm expecting 50 ameraucanas but only 7 of them are mine. The others are going to folks all over my part of the country.
CONGRATS on the new babies everyone!!!

Last edited:
Ooooooh, me too - it seems like the days are crawling by. Mine are to be shipped April 19th from MPC. I keep telling the existing flock they will soon have baby sisters
jumpy.gif
. Ummm, they don't seem too excited??

My babies are shipping from Welp Hatchery on the 5th of April. 4 Ameraucana, 4 Cochin, 6 Salmon Faverolle, 4 Brahma, and 3 Naked Neck Turken..................

I am in the same boat... waiting! I ordered my chicks from a feedstore yesterday who gets them Belt Hatchery (Fresno, CA), thus avoiding a minimum order. I got 2 barred rocks, 2 buff orpingtons, and 1 delaware --all pullets (fingers crossed).

big_smile.png
Can't wait!
big_smile.png

-Bridget

Last edited:
Congrats on your order of babies! They will arrive and the elation will be immense
wee.gif
!!
I mean IMMENSE!!

ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

I could not wait a month... I bought 4 Ameracauna's this afternoon (wife said "no" to 5
lau.gif
) !

Back
Top Bottom