1 Pair of Bantam Houdan for sale--NO REASONABLE OFFER REFUSED!

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

2 year old pair of bantam Houdan for sale. Hen is white, rooster is mottled. Both are pretty friendly (roo is not mean, just skiddish). Proven breeders, both have been shown and have done well. Great beards, great combs, excellent feet and extremely rare.

I will attempt shipping--which will be $65 + $15 for a new box.

Price is firm. This is a BUY-IT-NOW listing, not an auction.

You can see additional photos of my houdan bantams on Feathersite or on my website.

Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  2. zach N houdan

zach N houdan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    New Jersey
    im interseted the houdans just i have a few questions. first do they both have 5 toes. Also do u do 4H discounts. And finally i read that when u mix a white and a mottled it makes a muddy coloring so would u have any just mottled pairs? thx Zachary.

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Yes. These are all 5-toed. I would consider a slight 4-H discount. The "muddy" thing isn't true. The white is a recessive gene that this line of mottleds carries. Approximately 1 in every 75 chicks will hatch out pure white. The rest will be mottled. Of course, you'll need to hatch out lots of chicks and select the best of the best to breed to each other to continue improving this line.

Thanks!

~Heather

4. zach N houdan

Jun 26, 2012
    New Jersey
    Thank you and how much are they total to be shipped to new jersey and how old are they?

5. Rare Feathers Farm

They are now on rarebreedauction.com You can bid on them there.

Thanks!

~Heather

6. zach N houdan

Jun 26, 2012
    New Jersey
    ok to get just to birds to New Jersey for $133 is way to much

7. Rare Feathers Farm

Best offer--I need them gone....I have chicks coming in a couple weeks and will need the coop space from these guys....

8. entropy

entropy Out Of The Brooder

Hi,
    I would consider taking them but isn't it too hot to ship right now? I am in N. CA (zip code 95953). Would you hold them until the weather is ok to ship? It is pretty hot in this area right now.
    Thanks,
    Laura

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Oh yeah...not a problem. I have chicks coming in about 3 weeks--then they'll be in the brooder for a while. Then they'll need the Houdan's pen, eventually. I would say by mid-September to early October.

10. Rural Chicks

Rural Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2012
    Isnt the hen a sultan and not a moltted hundo

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by