1 Sick Chick, 1 Crooked Foot & 1 Wing Issue

Thank you, I will check on her when I go home for lunch in a few hours and post an update on both the food date and what her poop is looking like, as well as photos.

We thought it was her legs originally because she wasn’t getting up, but it doesn’t look like anything is wrong with them, so I think she is just sick. She is eating, but her condition did not improve at all overnight.

I appreciate your thoughts on the other chicks wing, gives me hope!

Thank you, I will check on her when I go home for lunch in a few hours and post an update on both the food date and what her poop is looking like, as well as photos.

We thought it was her legs originally because she wasn’t getting up, but it doesn’t look like anything is wrong with them, so I think she is just sick. She is eating, but her condition did not improve at all overnight.

Coccidiosis is very common at this age. But I would think that they all would be feeling bad if it was the issue.
She may be a failure to thrive.

Coccidiosis is very common at this age. But I would think that they all would be feeling bad if it was the issue.
She may be a failure to thrive.

She does look puffed up in this photo (which I read could be a symptom). I was giving them acp in their water for the first 3 weeks but stopped recently. Would it hurt to treat her just in case?

Attachments

• D02BEC63-5206-49BC-9C9C-856EB46756D5.png
    D02BEC63-5206-49BC-9C9C-856EB46756D5.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 5
Hi, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

I had a chick wing from hatchery JUST like that one that lasted for a few weeks. It went away on it's own! It didn't seem to cause any pain or other issues.

I personally do NOT like the manna pro starter feed at only 18% protein. But what I especially pay attention to is the amino acids

Good luck! :fl

She does look puffed up in this photo (which I read could be a symptom). I was giving them acp in their water for the first 3 weeks but stopped recently. Would it hurt to treat her just in case?
She is the one that is by herself?
I would treat her for Coccidiosis, it won't hurt her. You can find Corid at Tractor Supply.

Dosage is 1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.

Let us know which one you get powder or liquid, we can give you instructions to direct dose her IN ADDITION to making the drinking solution.

upload_2019-2-19_10-37-34.png
upload_2019-2-19_10-37-46.png

ACV won't cure nor prevent coccidiosis. Giving corid will not hurt if she does not have it but it could help a lot if she does.

She is the one that is by herself?
I would treat her for Coccidiosis, it won't hurt her. You can find Corid at Tractor Supply.

Dosage is 1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.

Let us know which one you get powder or liquid, we can give you instructions to direct dose her IN ADDITION to making the drinking solution.

View attachment 1678357View attachment 1678358

I came home and she is looking very bad. I have powdered corcid, what would be the dose?

Back
Top Bottom