1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

1 Week Old Easter Egger Chick (hen) -- I just have too many - Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by HollywoodCluck, Nov 8, 2012.

1. HollywoodCluck

HollywoodCluck Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2012
    Hollywood, CA
    My Coop
    Free Easter Egger hen (chick-- 1 week old) available in Los Angeles to good home who can pick her up in the next 5 weeks. I have a small coop/run and I feel like I have one too many chickens. I got her at Cooper's in Sylmar, CA and she was sexed as a hen. She's very pretty and has already been eating out of my hand. I've had her on chick mash with boiled eggs as a treat. Like I said, i'll keep her up to 5 weeks so she will no longer require being in a brooder. Otherwise, you can get her as soon as you like. *Edit: I bought her as an 'Araucana', however (see below thread) was informed she was probably an Easter Egger.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. 15shenyl

15shenyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2012
    Yakima Washington
    Can you ship?

3. HollywoodCluck

Nov 7, 2012
    Hollywood, CA
    My Coop
    Sorry, but I dont think it would be good to ship a chick all alone. I think the stress would be too much and I dont have much experience with shipping one anyway. Sorry!

4. 15shenyl

15shenyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2012
    Yakima Washington
    Thats fine, I understand. I have been looking for a Araucana hen, it's hard to get only one. I understand, its just not worth the risk.

5. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    This is an EE chick not an araucana, you can tell by the fluffy face, plus it was purchased at a hardware store. You can only get true araucana from a breeders.

Lanae

6. HollywoodCluck

Nov 7, 2012
    Hollywood, CA
    My Coop
    Lanae,
    (Despite your tone) thanks for the information. I'm a novice here and just repeating what i was told/sold. So nice to know novices are welcomed here! ha ha. Yeesh...

7. marlo1968

marlo1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2012
    Lorenzo, TX
    My EE's were sold to me as araucana's as well, its quite common with feed stores/ranch supply stores as I learned. Thought I had quite a find....only to find out not so much. They're great chickens, and lay pretty green eggs, one of mine lays light blue. I was a newbie and just didn't know when I bought them. A true araucana will not have a tail, its called rumpless. And most people on BYC are really great and very helpful. Stick around, you'll love it. It's a great place to learn about chickens. oh, and Welcome to BYC [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. HollywoodCluck

Nov 7, 2012
    Hollywood, CA
    My Coop
    Hey Marlo1968,
    Thanks for the info and for the nice reply. I really appreciate it! I'm not at all disappointed that they're EEs at all and will just be intrigued to see what they look like. Thanks for the welcome to BYC :)

9. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    you should not be disappointed. hope you get some nice green eggs.. easter eggers are generally friendly and quite hardy.

1 person likes this.
  10. shober

shober Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    I will take her! I can come and pick her up at your convenience. I live in Alhambra.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by