1 week old half Silkies but who are their mums? *UPDATE at 7 weeks old*

Cochins have even more foot feathering than Silkies. They should at least have the same or more as a Silkie. That makes me highly doubt any Cochin
hmmmm interesting point. The only other non crested breed I have is a buff laced Wyandotte. Perhaps the brown on chick 2 comes from her?

I think they will look quite different in a week or so with some real feathers. I'm wondering if chick 1 gets her crest from a Polish or from the Silkie. Neither of my Silkies have big poofey crests though. Her eyes just say Polish to me.
Chick 2 looks a little muff ish don't you think?

I think they will look quite different in a week or so with some real feathers. I'm wondering if chick 1 gets her crest from a Polish or from the Silkie. Neither of my Silkies have big poofey crests though. Her eyes just say Polish to me.
Chick 2 looks a little muff ish don't you think?
I agree that it has some prominent muffs and beard. Are your Polish and/or Silkie rooster bearded?

I just had to go check! Cuckoo Polish hen not, though it is hard to tell with the frizzle hen because she looks like a pine cone! I would say not. The Silkie dad, yes I think. Silkie hen no muff or beard. See photos.
20200806_203736.jpg

20200806_203947.jpg
20200806_203820.jpg
20200806_203502.jpg

and to complicate matters genetically, I just picked up a moulted feather from the male and now I'm wondering if he is splash not paint? :hmm

20200806_205033.jpg

Back
Top Bottom