1 Week old Muscovy Mix Duckling - Pick-up Only (Outside Raleigh)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by vfem, Jul 31, 2010.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    HE/SHE is a lone survivor. Mama muscovy disappeared and 30 days later returned with 3 ducklings. A neighbor saw 4. A day later I only counted 2. So the next day we went hunting them and managed to catch 1 of the ducklings. This morning while trying to catch the second duckling, of all crazy things to witness, a Blue Heron came up the bank of our pond... attacked mama, and scooped up the baby duckling which then he ate to our horror!

Mama free ranges all the time and manages to defend herself just fine, but I will not give her the lone baby back. Our pens are all full of chickens and chicks right now, and I have no where to put her where she will be safe and not beat up by other birds.

I hope to find someone who will love her and has room for ducks, the best situation is someone who already has some ducklings she can be raised with.

She is pick up only, and I am willing to meet someone close.

Be back with pictures later when it quits raining.

2. chickhopeful12

chickhopeful12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    CT
    I wish I saw this before I returned from SC. I would have came and picked him/her up. My luck just stinks!! [​IMG] Good luck finding a home for her.

3. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Thank you! We're still trying! [​IMG]

4. Rachel's Hobby Hatchery

Rachel's Hobby Hatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    North West Michagan
    do you still have her/him? I will be willing to take it. I dont have any ducklings right now but I have adult ducks that he can make friends with when he growes up. what is he crossed with?

5. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Shipping is not an option, especially in this heat. I would prefer someone who can meet me to pick her/him up. The father is most likely my Pekin drake.

6. Rachel's Hobby Hatchery

Rachel's Hobby Hatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    North West Michagan
    I can pick him/her up as early as this afternoon. email me at [email protected] it will be better & easer for us to arrange pickup that way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by