1 WEEK!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MomOf15, Apr 15, 2009.

1. MomOf15

MomOf15 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2009
    Mercer Co. PA
    Our chicks are officially 1 week today and doing good. I noticed this morning that the two lil RI Reds are starting to get tail feathers...heehee...too cute!

2. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Hi and Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Isn't it just the coolest thing to watch those cute little fuzz balls begin their journey into chicken-hood! [​IMG]

Dawn

3. MomOf15

Apr 13, 2009
    Mercer Co. PA
    Hi Dawn~
    Thanx for the welcome and yes, it's much more fun then I anticipated. I catch myself thinking about them during the day wondering if their okay while I'm at work. And I dreamt about them last night...worrying about food, water and such. Can you tell I'm a mom - lol!

4. JenMT

JenMT Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Kalispell, Montana
    This is a fun stage, next comes the ugly-cute stage like middle schoolers....all teeth, knees, elbows and big heads....hee hee. The fuzz will fall out and sparse skinny feathers start to come in. That is funny that you are dreaming about them, next you'll get up at night to make sure that they are still breathing or haven't sneaked out of the brooder!

P.S. Do you count them everytime you check on them?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  5. MomOf15

Apr 13, 2009
    Mercer Co. PA
    Ooooooooooh...and here I thought the yellow ones were just getting their bellies wet...I thought those feathers looked funny [​IMG]
    There's only 12 so I pretty much know if ones missing...we have 6 yellow, 2 brown/red, 2 black, and two buff.

6. first time farmer

first time farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I only have 8 but i count automaticly lol
    ps sorry for the spelling mistake i can never spell that word

7. MomOf15

Apr 13, 2009
    Mercer Co. PA
    I noticed you live in New Hampshire. My daughter did a report for school on New Hampshire one time and would love to visit there some day. I'd like to come up that way in the fall...I'm sure it's gorgeous. I have a friend that lives in Conneticut (sp).

8. haycroft

haycroft Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2009
    UK
    oh i just love my new chicks...im always out checking them as the hen is doing a good job bring them up, so im letting her get on with it

my three chiks are nearly two weeks old and one of them ive noticed has started growing tail feathers

isn't this so excited..im sure other folk think im totally mad

9. chicklips

chicklips Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    St. Johns, MI
    My chicks are a little over a week, I swear everytime I look at them their feathers are bigger!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by