1 WEEK!!!

MomOf15

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 13, 2009
Mercer Co. PA
Our chicks are officially 1 week today and doing good. I noticed this morning that the two lil RI Reds are starting to get tail feathers...heehee...too cute!

Hi and Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Isn't it just the coolest thing to watch those cute little fuzz balls begin their journey into chicken-hood!
big_smile.png

Dawn

Hi Dawn~
Thanx for the welcome and yes, it's much more fun then I anticipated. I catch myself thinking about them during the day wondering if their okay while I'm at work. And I dreamt about them last night...worrying about food, water and such. Can you tell I'm a mom - lol!

This is a fun stage, next comes the ugly-cute stage like middle schoolers....all teeth, knees, elbows and big heads....hee hee. The fuzz will fall out and sparse skinny feathers start to come in. That is funny that you are dreaming about them, next you'll get up at night to make sure that they are still breathing or haven't sneaked out of the brooder!

P.S. Do you count them everytime you check on them?

Last edited:
Ooooooooooh...and here I thought the yellow ones were just getting their bellies wet...I thought those feathers looked funny
big_smile.png

There's only 12 so I pretty much know if ones missing...we have 6 yellow, 2 brown/red, 2 black, and two buff.

I noticed you live in New Hampshire. My daughter did a report for school on New Hampshire one time and would love to visit there some day. I'd like to come up that way in the fall...I'm sure it's gorgeous. I have a friend that lives in Conneticut (sp).

oh i just love my new chicks...im always out checking them as the hen is doing a good job bring them up, so im letting her get on with it

my three chiks are nearly two weeks old and one of them ive noticed has started growing tail feathers

isn't this so excited..im sure other folk think im totally mad

Back
Top Bottom