#1-What color will I be? #2-What breed am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Knemeyer, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Knemeyer

Knemeyer Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2010
    Las Vegas
    I got 2 chicks from the local feed store who said they were both polish. The first one is a grayish color, but not sure which color polish it is. The second one is all white, has an extra back toe (like silkies?), has the polish pouf on the head, and some feathers on it's feet. They said it was a polish/silkie bantam mix (it is pretty small). Here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Knemeyer

Apr 18, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Oh, I forgot to add if the white one is a polish/silkie mix, does anyone have a picture of how it will probably turn out? Thanks!

3. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    The white one could be a Sultan. The gray could be either a silver or a blue polish.

4. Knemeyer

Apr 18, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Thanks akcountrygrrl! I went on the My Pet Chicken site (they show what the chicks look like) and I think you're right on the Sultan. The chicks they show look exactly like mine! I also looked up Silver Polish. They have a Silver Laced Polish and that seems to be pretty close. Thanks again!

5. akcountrygrrl

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Sorry. I meant Silver laced... [​IMG] That's what I get for trying to think and type after spending all day at working typing letters...

6. Knemeyer

Apr 18, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Try dealing with 2 very bored kids home all day! [​IMG]

7. akcountrygrrl

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Put them to work cleaning brooders and feeding/watering chicks... [​IMG] I have a 9 year old and she never complains about being bored because I'll always find something for her to do if she does. Hehehe

8. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    I agree one Silver Laced polish and one sultan! Very cute by the way! I LOVE top hats!

9. Knemeyer

Apr 18, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Quote:I can't wait till they're full grown! They just make you smile.

10. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Quote:That's the first thing that came to mind for me was it was a sultan until you said it was a crossbred. Are you sure it's a cross because I'm seeing yellow feet and not even smutty from the black skinned silkie? If it is, it should be smooth feathered and still have a decent sized top knot on it. But I'm guessing it's a sultan.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by