1 year old Blue Standard Cochin Rooster - for sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by EllieMaeHall, May 13, 2008.

1. EllieMaeHall

EllieMaeHall New Egg

May 13, 2008
    Godwin, NC
    We incubated some eggs from a friend's flock, and naturally ended up with too many roosters (3 roosters, 2 hens). They are a year old now and the roosters have started to try to determine who is the "big man on campus" so one of them has to go. So far, it is just the two blues that are trying to fight, there haven't been any actual fights yet, and we'd like to get rid of one of them before there is. Both of the blues have accepted the fact that the Splash rooster is the boss around there, but they can't seem to get it figured out between themselves.

He is fertile, he mated with our blue hen & we got 12 chicks off of 15 eggs - she kicked 1 of them out of the nest early on & the other two I think were her first two eggs & likely not fertilized. We let her hatch them all but took them away from her when they hatched because our babies are free-ranged and we were afraid something would get the little bitties. So, they are being hand-raised in a brooder. We aren't sure what is reasonable to sell him for, but we have an idea, so we're accepting offers now, to see how that goes.

You can hold him & pet him (catching him can sometimes be a booger, but he won't try to flog you).

I'm new here and can't figure out the image thing, but if you send me an email or whatever, I can email pictures. We'll also have some chicks available in few weeks (once they get big enough to determine their sex). We're located in Cumberland County, NC.

2. tat2edlady

tat2edlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    How much are you asking for the roo and would you be willing to meet me half way as it is about 2 hours from here to you.

Mindy

3. EllieMaeHall

EllieMaeHall New Egg

May 13, 2008
    Godwin, NC
    Quote:We're asking $30. Where are you located? Also if you'd like to see pictures, you can email me.

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by