1 year old hen and still no eggs

1969bozanna

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
We are waiting for eggs from our hen. So far...none. Her comb is bright red and she is healthy.She has a nutritious layer mash feed and oyster grit. everyday.

Any suggestions??

Hi,

I have bought her as a 6 week old chick. She was SO CUTE. I just HAD TO buy her at the markets.

We only have her + white cockatiel parrot as pets.
When I bring her home, Snowy the parrot is very jealous. He tries to bring attention to him. He was brought hand-raised and is still very spoilt.

Greeting from Australia. Sorry if I have made any mistakes but English is not my first language.
Anna

Greetings from the states, well I thinking that maybe she is a very good hider of eggs or she's a he in disguise.
Michele

We let her out from her chicken coop in the afternoon. In our small yard we haven't found any eggs, neither the evidence that she may be eating them. I guess she is not made to be a layer hen.
We even tried to give her a hint by placing a golf ball in her straw nest. After a few days she just has kicked it out because i guess it was too uncomfortable for her to sit there.

There are instances where they are both. I learned that when having my birds NPIP tested, the tester was checking my pullets to see if they were ready to lay, She said that those my arise from inbreeding. I don't know, but I would assume she should be laying. Well I hope it is at least friendly, you have a pretty pet.

Back
Top Bottom