1 year old hen- Exactly what breed?

MidnightMaran

Songster
Jun 23, 2017
Oklahoma
I’ve been meaning to do this for a while, I’m not perfectly sure what breed this not-so-little girl is. Her seller told me she was a Black Copper Maran, but as she grew up there was no copper coloring. There still isn’t, and now that she lays, her eggs are not as dark as a Maran. I think she looks like an Australorp, except for her feathered feet. Mixed breed?

1430F0C8-98DC-4C36-B448-2FF4BE47A6D3.jpeg
Forgot pics:)
CD91F0AC-44E5-490C-BA34-CB8F5F02FFDB.jpeg

Re: BCM: In the UK, clean legged birds are the standard. In France and the US both clean legged and sparsely feathered legs are recognized.
The single comb, wattles, ear lobes and face are all red. The beak is strong with a slight hook to it, it should be horn colored. Eyes are orange colored. Shanks and feet should be slate or pink, soles of the feet are white as is the skin of the bird.

Re: BCM: In the UK, clean legged birds are the standard. In France and the US both clean legged and sparsely feathered legs are recognized.
The single comb, wattles, ear lobes and face are all red. The beak is strong with a slight hook to it, it should be horn colored. Eyes are orange colored. Shanks and feet should be slate or pink, soles of the feet are white as is the skin of the bird.
She matches almost everything exempt for her eyes and beak, eyes are more brown than orange and beak starts out black and fades to horn. Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom