1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

1 years old... Now what

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by kdznurs, Apr 5, 2016.

1. kdznurs

kdznurs New Egg

Apr 17, 2015
    My 4 girls are 1 today! I have them on organic purina layer crumble. I occasionally give them dried meal worms as a treat and of course greens, oats, ,berries, and crushed egg shells for extra calcium amongst other appropriate foods. I do not have them on any supplements. The owner of our local feed store told me "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" In other words if they are healthy, no need to supplement! They grew up on chick boost and I just saw yesterday they have an adult version. I don't use anything in their water either. I feel like I should be doing more! [​IMG] thanks in advance!! [​IMG]

2. wamtazlady

wamtazlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Kalispell MT
    I agree with the owner of your local feed store. If it would make you feel better you could add something to their water. It won't hurt them. However, the feed you are giving your girls should have all the nutrition they require.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] I agree with the guy at the feed store - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

4. kdznurs

kdznurs New Egg

Apr 17, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback! :D:woot

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by