10 + 2 Golden Coment Hatching eggs NPIP "Auction"

egg-cellent

Songster
10 Years
May 11, 2009
South Central, Kentucky
This is an Auction Formated Listing - Please do not PM to bid! - Place your bid in a reply.
Bidding will start at: $10.00
Additional bids will be in increasing $.50 increments
Shipping will be via usps priority bod at a cost of 15.00
Auction ends at 9:00 pm EST on 1/14/12
Please place your bid as a reply to this classified (do not PM to bid!).
Subscribe to this classified auction using the immediate notification setting when you bid so that you can stay informed!
Description:10 + 2 Golden Comet Hatching Fertile eggs AUCTION. South Central Ky
Pictures:

1 minute ago

Laying Nice big brown eggs.

Last edited:
So, I was wondering what if you cross a White Leghorn hen with a Rhode Island Rooster? Just wondering if the cross is close to a golden comit or dose it have to be a NH? I love my golden comets too. They are laying such great big eggs! I have a the hen and rooster above, what do you get when crossed there. Or how about a Delaware hen and RI rooster?

It would not be a "Sex Link". White is a dominate trait. It would probably look like a mainly white chicken with a little red in it and probably lay a white egg.

Nate

Golden Comets are from breeding a White Leghorn rooster to a Rhode Island Red hen. All of the hens will be golden and the roos will be white. The coloring won't be true on a second generation but still are great laying hens.

Actually, I don't think this is correct. I think the rooster has to be the Rhode Island or New Hampshire and the hens have to be White Rocks or Delawares or Wyandottes. I dont believe Leghorns can be used.

California Gray is a cross between a Barred Rock male and a White Leghorn female.
California White is a cross between a California Gray male and a White Leghorn female.
Production Red is a cross between a Rhode Island Red male and a New Hampshire Red female.

I'm not crossing anything. This is what they are.
Thanks

I think why Halo was asking you that question is because golden comets bred to eachother do not breed golden comets..they dont breed true..you have to have two different types of birds to create golden commets..not mate them to eachother...im sorry

Ok, Well, I guess I may be confused. I haven't breed these with anything yet. I got these about a month ago. I bought 6 hens and 1 rooster. They were already laying huge eggs. I bought them so that we could have plenty eggs to eat. But they are laying more than we are eating. I have 2 other hens just for eggs to. So between these and the other 2 hens, we have extras.
When I bought them, that is what the man told me they were. So I guess they are golden comets, but their offspring will be different. So what would their offspring be. I have had alot of experience with other breeds, but not this one. I know he said he hatched some from his older hens recently and they were lighter in color.

So with that. I have these eggs for sale. Sorry I don't know more about them.

Chances are that if the photo is of the parent stock, they are already 3rd generation, as the rooster shown is golden colored. Golden Comets is a name given by most hatcheries to an F1, first generation sexlink hybrid. (usually RIR over Delaware or similar) The confusion comes in because when folks hear "Golden Comet" that sex link is what they have in mind. A chick sexable at hatch because the pullets are golden/brown while the cockerels are white. If the photo shows the parent stock, they were not sexable as both the rooster and hens are both golden. The chicks hatched from these eggs will also not be sexable. Sorry the guy told you they were Golden Comets, as they are not, at least not in the usual sense or generally accepted understanding. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom