10 + 2 Ok, I guess these are EE's Not :( AMERAUCANA HATCHING EGGS, NPIP Ky Auction

egg-cellent

Songster
10 Years
May 11, 2009
South Central, Kentucky
This auction is for Ameraucana hatching eggs.
This is an Auction Formated Listing - Please do not PM to bid! - Place your bid in a reply.

Bidding will start at: $12.00
Additional bids will be in increasing $.50 increments
Shipping will be via USPS Priority box at a cost of 17.00

Auction ends at 9:00 pm EST on 3/19/12
Please place your bid as a reply to this classified (do not PM to bid!).
Subscribe to this classified auction using the immediate notification setting when you bid so that you can stay informed

We are new with this breed, but we have tested fertility. 40 eggs in the incuabtor and only 2 were not fertile. Pretty good fertitlity rate.
I will send the bluest eggs available.

Please bid with confidence, if we get more eggs by the time auction ends we will include more.
I can not be responsible for your hatch rate, due to conditions out of my control, like especially the PO handling. Although if you don't have a decsent hatch rate, please contact me and we can work something out.

Ask any questions prior to bidding. I will do my best to answer.
www.thecampbellfarm.webs.com

LL

Last edited:
They are supposed to be. They are laying all blue eggs, no greens or pinks. nothing but blue.
They were crossed with different colors of other Ameraucanas. They had browns and whites, blacks, lavender. They have them all together and these are a third generation from them.

That is why they lay blue eggs.

As they are not a standard Ameraucana color they are by definition EE's.

So these are GREAT for getting those pretty eggs, just not "ameraucanas"

Not necessarily. Depends on what the breeding of the chicken is.

Ones that are from ameraucana and araucana backgrounds will lay blue and blue-green.

EEs that lay brown and pink eggs have other genes/breeds in their making, as well as ameraucana or araucana

Im not an expert on the breed. However I do get pretty PO when people don't read all of the information and assume they know what they are talking about.
Especially since you are slandering someone elses birds.

If you read what the seller said then you would have seen the seller stated:
they were from a pen with different colors of Ameraucana running together so that is why they are not the recognised colors!
Shouldn't they just be called project colors of Ameraucanas or a mix of colors and NOT EE since both the hens and roos were Ameraucanas!
Nothing worse than having your pure breds called mutts!

They very well could have some EE blood in them I am just saying........ If the hens and roos were true then these would be to???
Off the soap box now

Im not an expert on the breed. However I do get pretty PO when people don't read all of the information and assume they know what they are talking about.
Especially since you are slandering someone elses birds.

If you read what the seller said then you would have seen the seller stated:
they were from a pen with different colors of Ameraucana running together so that is why they are not the recognised colors!
Shouldn't they just be called project colors of Ameraucanas or a mix of colors and NOT EE since both the hens and roos were Ameraucanas!
Nothing worse than having your pure breds called mutts!

They very well could have some EE blood in them I am just saying........ If the hens and roos were true then these would be to???
Off the soap box now

That is exactly what I thought. The first generation when was on the property are all solid colors. But they are running together. They had a first generation lot, second and third. They were not selling any of the first and second generation. Just the third. I guess I should have stated this all in the listing. Anyway they do lay blue eggs. Some lighter and some darker. But definately no greens or browns.
Thanks 2hot2chicken for your understanding.

Back
Top Bottom