10.5 weeks. First crow and a new favorite treat. PICS and VIDEO

AuberyMirkwood

Songster
8 Years
Jul 24, 2011
Clovis NM
You know how babies and animals always seem to learn those first step type things while you are gone? Well that's what my little cockerel did lol I was out of town for the weekend and as soon as I let the flock out of the run and I turn my back I heard Blue's first crow.
wee.gif
Of course more of an "urk" then a true crow so I teased him about it
lau.gif
but I just love the teenager crow stage
love.gif

Also the chicks decided that salami is now their favorite treat in the world.

Here are their pictures today at exactly 10.5 weeks old.

Little boy blue by AuberyMirkwood, on Flickr
Blue is the smartest of all the chicks and is trained easily. Plus he is so gorgeous.Self Blue Old English Game Bantam

Debby Harry Boots by AuberyMirkwood, on Flickr
The only Silkie in the assortment and visitors favorite. White Silkie Bantam

Sulu by AuberyMirkwood, on Flickr
Sulu is the tiniest of the flock but no one messes with her. Buff Black Tailed Japanese Bantam

Juliet by AuberyMirkwood, on Flickr
Juliet and her brother Romeo were the friendliest of the chicks and LOVE being petted. Sadly Romeo found a new home as it was choice between him and Blue. Silver Laced Cochin Bantam

Martha by AuberyMirkwood, on Flickr
Martha has not grown a tail yet but I don't think she's noticed. Silver Penciled Cochin Bantam

Goldie Hawn by AuberyMirkwood, on Flickr
Goldie Hawn is not found of posing for the camera

Nugget by AuberyMirkwood, on Flickr
Nugget is the least friendly of the chicks and also the most cruel to the 4 week old chicks I'm trying to integrate. I am also getting doubts sometimes that she is a she. One of the new babies is a Buff Cochin Bantam as well and if it's a she I am thinking Nugget may find a new home. Buff Cochin Bantam

IMG-20111016-00286 by AuberyMirkwood, on Flickr
The Flock

IMG-20111016-00288 by AuberyMirkwood, on Flickr
Juliet thinks anything in my hands must be treats

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom