10 Araucana Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Ray_n_Debi, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Ray_n_Debi

Ray_n_Debi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    South Carolina
    Araucana Eggs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10 fresh hatching eggs from my Araucana pens. The pens have rumpless and tufted roosters, the hens are all rumpless, some have tufts.

Araucanas are a rumpless, tufted, South American breed that lays a blue egg. They are often confused with Ameraucana or Easter Egger chickens.
    They will be ready for your incubator and the fun will start 21 days later!
    Araucanas are a breed of chicken that has no tail (rumpless), has ear tufts and lays a blue egg.

Buying hatching eggs is a gamble and Araucana eggs have their own hatching difficulties. Araucanas have a lower fertility rate then other many other breeds. I cannot guarantee they will all be tufted or rumpless. I cannot guarantee that ANY will hatch, although I always send extras to help make your chances better. I pack as safe and secure as possible but I cannot guarantee that they will survive any mishaps from shipping. Do not leave eggs sitting in a mailbox that could overheat or freeze. Please only bid if you can afford to take the risk.

I only ship on Mondays. Please pay immediately after auction ends. If you pay with an E Check they usually take 3-4 business days to clear, then I would ship on the following Monday after the E Check cleared.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  2. poularde

poularde Hatching mode

Feb 7, 2010
    Puyallup, Wa.
    Wow! I love that first boy..... [​IMG]

3. Ray_n_Debi

Jan 27, 2011
    South Carolina
    Thank You!! He is my Black Breasted Red. I have started making individual pens for the different colors but none of them breed true to color yet, but I am getting there.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    WHOA [​IMG] nice trio at the top!!! Those are my kind of Araucana bodies. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Please tell me these are LF

5. Ray_n_Debi

Jan 27, 2011
    South Carolina
    Thank you! Yes, they are large fowl.
    I am trying for a defined neck and back. I don't like the kidney bean shaped ones, I think their rump is too short and causes too many fertility problems.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  6. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Beautiful birds!

7. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    Do you have any pics that show the egg color?

Thanks!

8. Ray_n_Debi

Jan 27, 2011
    South Carolina
    Thank you rustyswoman.

9. Ray_n_Debi

Jan 27, 2011
    South Carolina
    I have some pictures of my eggs, I will post them tonight.

10. Ray_n_Debi

Jan 27, 2011
    South Carolina
    Here is a pic of my eggs.
    I don't think it will be true to color since everybodys monitor is set differently.
    I don't have "robin blue" eggs. They are not olive either. They fall some where in between.
    When I open the egg , the color is the same on the inside and outside of the shell on most of the eggs. There are a couple that are a little more green on the outside. I am striving for equal color on the inside and outside of the shell. To me that will eliminate any brown coating. If you have the araucana clubs egg color reference chart, most of my eggs are in the c and d range.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by