10+ Buff Orpington Eggs+Bonus Blk Cochin LF and Silkie/Showgirl Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by greenfamilyfarms, Oct 29, 2009.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    10+ Buff Orpington Eggs for Hatching plus Bonus Eggs!
    Will include Buff Orpingtons, plus any eggs laid by our Black Cochin Large Fowl, and eggs from our Silkie/Showgirl Silkie combo pen.
    In the spirit of a true auction, I've listed a very low starting price!

Please read the description and understand the terms before bidding. I have more photos available by request.

These eggs will be shipped the week of November 2nd, if payment is received in a timely fashion. We hatch eggs from our birds on a regular basis in an incubator, but mainly under broody hens. We encourage broodiness in our line of birds.

THE BUFFS: We had some show wins from some of our birds! Our Buff Orp brood rooster won Best of Variety and English Class Champion four times, and our the hens we took won Reserve Best of Variety and Reserve English Class Champion. We won something from each show we attended the last 2 years and are hoping for another great year in 2009! The rest of our hens are also good quality birds of good color and temperament. We recently took 2 of early 2009's pullets to a local APA show and took home Best of Variety, Reserve of Variety, Best of Breed, Reserve of Breed, and Best English!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

THE COCHINS: Cochins are natural mothers and make great broodies. Show results from our September 12 show include the following wins from our Cochins: Reserve Best of Show, Best Asiatic, Reserve Asiatic, Best of Breed, Reserve of Breed, Best of Variety, and Reserve of Variety. Our main breeding rooster took home 2 trophies, a blue ribbon, and a purple best of class ribbon. We select birds for massive size, good feather, yellow feet, and excellent foot feathering. This birds have a instinctive laid-back personality despite their huge size. All of our Cochins are black, no blue or splash genes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

THE SILKIES & SHOWGIRLS: We have a combination pen consisting of a pair of black showgirls, a Splash silkie cockerel, and a Blue silkie pullet. All of them are bearded. You have a greater chance of hatching "regular" silkie, but you may get a showgirl if you get lucky. Show results from our September 12 show from our silkies include several Best of Varieties, Reserve of Varieties, and Best of Class.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PAYMENT: Paypal only, please. If you would like your phone number placed on the box for post office pickup, please include it when you send payment. Paypal payment email address is [email protected].

TERMS: Please understand that hatching eggs involves some risks and chance, so please refrain from bidding if you are not willing to accept the risks. We package the eggs to be best of our ability, but breakages can occur in cases of mishandling by the postal service.

SHIPPING: I will ship your eggs via USPS Priority Mail for a flat $10.00 or Express Mail (calculated) by request. Shipping insurance is available for an additional $1.95.

OUR GUARANTEE: Yes, we offer a guarantee on our eggs! If, for whatever reason, half of the eggs are broken when you get them, we will replace the eggs for the shipping cost. If at least half of the eggs are broken during shipping, you must get a postal worker to sign a letter stating so. This guarantee does not include the replacement eggs that are lost, stolen, or returned to me.

It also does not guarantee that you will win at shows with these birds. There are a lot of factors that influence the chances of winning at shows, including nutrition, condition of birds, and the size of the shows. If you have any questions about our guarantee about what is covered and what is not, please ask before you bid!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  2. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Update: Currently have the 10+ Buff Orpington eggs coming, plus already have collected 4 Cochin eggs and 2 Silkie/Showgirl eggs.

3. hunterjumper999

hunterjumper999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Box Springs
    Hi I'm extremely interested... but wanted to know if you've got any d'Uccles on the auctions- I can't afford shipping on two auctions and wanted to make sure before I bid on the Orps [​IMG]

4. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Unfortunately, I won't have any more d'Uccles available until the spring. They have not laid in about a month and it's getting colder, so I doubt they start back to laying now.

5. Ladysassa07

Ladysassa07 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2009
    I bought some eggs from you and mine are due to hatch this week every single one developed now not sure if i can get them all out of the egg LOL But we will know in a week but every single egg developed and thus far all have been active when candled.

Michelle

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by