10 day old Barred Rock

nice pullet
thumbsup.gif
and great pic
ep.gif

BA's are a great breed, too; you should be very happy with your flock. Unfortunately, BA's don't have built in early sex clues like BR's do, though I find that within a few weeks my guesses are pretty good just by the combs, thicker legs, stance, and behavior.

Quote:
Ohh. Can you take a look at my two? I think both (hope) are pullets; 6.5 weeks old.

Bird #1 in the back and bird #2 in front:
73772_img_5501a.jpg

Bird #2
73772_img_5507a.jpg

Last edited:
The one in the back of the first picture and the one in the second picture both look like pullets to me (not sure if they're the same chick...) The one in the front of the first picture looks like it *could* be a roo because of the thick legs, but I can't see well enough to know for sure.

The bird in Pic #2 is the same bird that is in the forefront of Pic #1. Sorry I should have clarified that when I posted them.

To me they both seem to be pullets. Their hackle feathers are rounded and I do not see the development of roo-like saddle feathers.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'll concur - I guess pullet for both then (I just couldn't see enough of the front chick in the first picture to really make an educated guess). My BA roos were already looking decidedly male by that age, too. More comb development, more of a "rooish" stance.

Back
Top Bottom