ChooksChick

BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist
15 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Larry, KS
My Coop
My Coop
10+ Black Copper Marans

Our stock is of Davis, Jeane, and others, but we're working on our own Beak House line and the birds have been selectively interbred to remove faults and improve to the proposed standard.

Please educate yourself regarding incubating Marans eggs: they do better when the humidity is as low as possible or other means are used to promote evaporation, such as sandpapering part of the color away. Evaporation is generally poor due to the rich coloring on the shell. If you have any question about incubating these eggs, please ask in advance- happy to help! Please don't assume you can hatch these successfully **the same** as other eggs you may have hatched.

We want you to have success but can't be responsible for poor hatch rates. Bidders should understand that shipping hatching eggs is a risk, even under the best conditions. Many factors are out of our control, but we will do everything possible to provide you with excellent chances- our attention to the nutrition of the flock is specifically with robust eggs in mind.

Understand the considerations- some, none, or ALL of the eggs may hatch!

We will do everything possible to work with you if there is a shipping issue; contact us if there is a concern regarding weather BEFORE we ship. It's important to get a PO Box or have the PO hold the eggs for pick-up, so we'll need a phone number for the box.

Sorry about the cruddy pics- using my phone for now!

14596_marans_roo.jpg

Note: Mr. Sir's leg feathering is continuous- the gap was an unfortunate pluck-and-run incident but is growing back.
14596_marans_hen.jpg

14596_smallgroup.jpg

14596_maranseggs2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
...yeah...it's been brewing...I keep trying to downsize...really it's more like I need to list the breeds I DON'T have...

I seriously can not believe I am passing on this one, SUCH A GREAT DEAL!... I made a commitment the bator wouldn't come out until December.

sad.png

Back
Top Bottom