10+ Golden Lakenvelder eggs-Bargain BIN- $25 SHIPPED!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChooksChick, Aug 7, 2010.

1. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    This is for $25 SHIPPED.

Offer:

10+ Golden Lakenvelder eggs, packed in foam. I feed a high-protein diet to ensure good quality babies, and folks have been very happy with my hatches. I have been working with 3 different bloodlines to try to get clean middles, and I think the babies are showing the work.

Feel free to ask questions!

I can't guarantee what happens during shipping, but I try to work with folks if there are issues.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TurkeyMountainChickens

TurkeyMountainChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Hi! I've read both that Lakenvelders lay a white egg, and that they lay a cream/tinted egg. What color eggs does your flock lay? Are they fairly good layers?

3. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Great question!

I have 2 that lay a very white eggs and 3 that have a vaguely creamy egg that still looks quite light. It's certainly got no brown to it, and is more like a bantam Cochin's egg or a Silkie egg, but larger.

I generally get 6 eggs out of each girl per week, except when the heat index has been over 100*- and they deserve that break!

The roos are quite single-minded ("Watch girls, jump girls, watch girls, AGH! Sky!! Watch girls...) and are great watchdogs, and the girls are quite timid but very curious and friendly. I enjoy the small, but not bantam, size. They are fabulously light eaters. I have to get rid of this flock, though, as I'm trying to get down to 6 breeds...

4. TurkeyMountainChickens

TurkeyMountainChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Central Virginia
    So sad! But I totally understand. Which six breeds are you keeping?

5. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Black Copper Marans, various colors Orpington, Cuckoo Marans, various colors bantam Cochin, various colors d'Uccles, various colors bantam Faverolles, Partridge Chanteclers (see how the chicken math is working?) Mahogany Orloffs, Welsummers...

There's a problem here...

6. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Does that mean you don't want eggs from these anymore ??? since you are cutting back or will they fit in somewhere..LOL They have been broody for ever it seems..I did get an egg from them today [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:You were spying on me as I visited your site today, weren't you!?

That's just creepy. Seriously- I had to leave and didn't get to send you a message asking how it was going! Psychic much?

They fit into the cochin pen, thank God! My lone little girl is shaping right up, btw. Black and adorable.

8. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Quote:You were spying on me as I visited your site today, weren't you!?

That's just creepy. Seriously- I had to leave and didn't get to send you a message asking how it was going! Psychic much?

They fit into the cochin pen, thank God! My lone little girl is shaping right up, btw. Black and adorable.

Yeah, I saw you on my SPY cam..hehehe Nah, really I saw your auction and wanted to see your GL, I have a friend who has a few of the silver lakenvelders.

9. Fluffy-Butt-Farms

Fluffy-Butt-Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Central Florida
    see, why do you have to live so far away? i ahve 6 of your eggs growing nicely, and would love to get more, but ... sigh... if i spend 25 on chickens, my bf will prob kick my butt. hehe.

just may have to though.

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Where did you get thoses silkie cochins? [​IMG] !!!?!?!?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by