10+ Iowa Blue Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mrheinz77, Sep 27, 2011.

1. mrheinz77

mrheinz77 New Beginnings Poultry

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    Up for auction are 10+ Iowa Blue Eggs. I am part of a group trying to breed these magnificent birds back to what they once looked like. There has been some introduction of other breeds several generations ago and a mossiness still appears.
    Iowa Blues are a dual purpose breed that are great for free ranging. The roosters take good care of their girls. My rooster has been very calm while the hens are a little more standoffish. They are getting better with the introduction of treats. I have one rooster in with 6 hens.

Fertility has been great. I guarantee fresh & fertile eggs. However, I cannot guarantee hatch-ability due to many variables out of my control after the eggs leave my hands, such as shipping & handling, incubation equipment, and incubation methods. I always pack extremely well and try to include extras. Payment is by Pay Pal only within 12 hours of the end of the auction. PayPal [email protected]

My rooster during a molt. His tail has grown back looking very nice.
    [​IMG]

One of my pullets not related to the current line.

[​IMG]

A new chick (They may also appear chocolate colored.)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  2. mrheinz77

mrheinz77 New Beginnings Poultry

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    This is a picture of my rooster with his tail grown back in. It was taken with my phone so its not the best quality.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by