10+ Lavender And Split Lavender Ameraucana Hatching Eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Muggsmagee, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    This auction is for 10 plus Lavender and Split Lavender Ameraucana hatching eggs to be shipped on August 17th. Any extras will be included in the shipment! These are large fowl. All pictures are of my own eggs and my own birds. These are my most favorite birds out of my entire flock!

My original flock of Lavender Ameraucanas are from John Blehm and Harry Shaffer. My Black Ameraucanas are from John Blehm. John has sold out of his Lavender and Black Ameraucanas for the year. It is IMPORTANT to breed lavs back to black to improve their type. I have 2 Lav Ameraucana Roos over 5 Lav Ameraucana Hens and 3 Black Ameraucana Hens. Lavender Ameraucanas are still a work in progress. Lav Ams tend to throw greenish eggs and have a "poofier" look. We are striving to breed for conformation and egg color.

Buying shipped eggs is a gamble. I take extra care to package these eggs for a safe shipment. I want them to have every chance at life! I have no control over the eggs after I drop them off at the Post Office. Our eggs are very fertile and we have had an excellent hatch rate so far this year. (Update on our last batch 19 lav eggs set, we had 2 quitters, 17 hatched on 8/6/11).

Any questions feel free to email/PM me. The winner of this auction can paypal me at [email protected] at auction end. Your success is my success! Let's get to hatching some Lavender Ameraucanas!

Thanks for looking. [​IMG]

These are a few of our Lav Ameraucanas...this roo is our #2 guy, he is lighter in weight by a few ounces, but displays a better comb...and one of our OOBER cheeky hens...pic taken 8/16/11
    [​IMG]

Our #1 guy...super sweet to his girls, respects #2 (no fights), his comb is not wonderful, but his body type is... pic taken 8/16/11
    [​IMG]

Our chick we hatched this spring, along with a few bantam Lavender Ameraucanas...the size difference was amazing!
    [​IMG]

The flock this winter...they look like big squatty Sumo wrestlers. Actually...if I recall, they weren't happy I shushed them out for this photo-op. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cuteness overload...lav chick with baby holland lop bunny...just before Easter.
    [​IMG]

4 month old Lav Am pullet. She is currently in the layer pen, as she is the only Lav we kept from a spring hatch. Too old for the growout, too young for breeding. And my fat bottom girls are sweet to her. She is showing to have a nice tight bottom/tail feathers...no poofy Orpington-y tush fan common in lots of lavs. This is a direct cross of Blehm's birds... pic taken 8/16/11
    [​IMG]

1.5 week old Lav Am...pic taken 8/16/11
    [​IMG]

Our mix of 2.5 and 1.5 week old Lavs and Splits...pic taken 8/16/11
    [​IMG]

This pic is of all my lavender eggs...color was similar to the pottery I made...bright sun, no flash.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  2. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    UPDATE: we have 19 EGGS so far!!! All ready to go!

3. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Ooooohh!!!! I want these BAD! But we are moving this weekend and I want to get moved before i set up my incubator and get some eggs! If you have some more in 2 weeks, please let me know!

4. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Oh! I do pottery, too! Very nice work! Love the copper blue glaze!

5. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:Thank you. I've got a long way to improve on my pieces! Let me know when you are ready for eggs...2 weeks would be a perfect time to ship. Good luck with your move!

6. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    [​IMG] sending payment now!!!

7. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    HEY! You had an AUCTION UP and I didn't notice till it was over!

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Right Jen?? We got hosed [​IMG] [​IMG]

This was her 2nd in 12 hours!

9. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:Thanks Beth!

Jen...my birds lack the crests you like so much. Though that would be a ton of fun to make Crested Ameraucanas! Project ideas anyone??? I'm full of 'em!

10. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:Right Jen?? We got hosed [​IMG] [​IMG]

This was her 2nd in 12 hours!

Settle down Nat. Deep breaths. Miscommunication on the first, led to an immediate number 2. [​IMG]

Oh...and there are 20 eggs ready to go! Woot!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by