10+*~Lavender~Mottled~Lav/Mottled~Split Orpington Eggs~NPIP

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tgrlily, May 7, 2011.

1. tgrlily

tgrlily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    These girls are laying machines! I can offer one more batch for Mother's Day! These will ship Tuesday! Any others interested, please feel free to PM me. I don't want to overload the BSA section with these eggs. [​IMG]

I had a very pleasant surprise when I reconfigured my Lavender Project Orpington breeding pens -- Mottled & Lavender Mottled chicks! The bad news is, I'm ready to break up my breeding pens for the season as I officially have chicks coming out of my ears!!! [​IMG]

Here are some of the babies:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have 2 beautiful Lavender roosters over 2 Lavender pullets and 4 stunning black hens. The Lav pullets & cockerel are my 2nd generation from hinkjc, the older is an enormous rooster who took a very long ride here from Pennsylvania! Thanks, Jody & Charlie! The mother of my younger lavenders is a split who won Best of Breed & Best English at the NYS Fair -- she displayed slight mottling as a chick, but I forgot about it since it molted out. My Black Orpingtons are from jmhappycowboy whose blacks are from bamachicken. We feel it's very important to continue to improve the breed & because we show, we only keep exhibition quality birds. I'm using these beautiful black Orps to improve on the body type and the size of the Lavenders, which are already very good. I'm getting three to six eggs per day from their pen. We are NPIP certified.

Adults:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We have excellent fertility here, but can't guarantee how the USPS will handle them. I pack eggs the way I prefer to recieve them & only send the freshest ones. I'll individually wrap each egg in a generous amount of bubblewrap, then nestle them snugly in shredded newspaper with another layer of bubblewrap lining the box to cushion them. I also put foam padding in the bottom of the box. They'll ship out priority mail on Tuesday directly from the Syracuse hub to save shipping time. Paypal only, please!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by