1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

10 mo old chickens still not laying

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by caligirl63, Feb 9, 2013.

1. caligirl63

caligirl63 New Egg

Feb 9, 2013
    Okay, so I'm getting a bit frustrated. I have 4 chickens, sorry, but I don't know what the types are, I just can tell you what they look like. I have 3 white with a little black on the wing tips, and one eastereger. I raised these chicks from day old, and we still have no eggs. We got a larger coop last weekend and it has four nesting boxes. They are lined with hay, they have heated water, and they get fed. Any help would be appreciated!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Actually, the change to the new coop may have set them back a bit longer. Chickens dislike change in their environment. I would guess that now that daylength is increasing you will soon see eggs. Once we are having 14 + hours of daylight, your hens should start laying. Are you providing them with a balanced laying ration?

1 person likes this.
  3. chook master

chook master Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2012
    If it's Winter, then you're not likely to see eggs until spring or summer. [​IMG]

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    X2 on sourland's advice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by