10 mo old RIR hen free to good home ASAP- near Somerset Cty, NJ

Untilwehaveland

Hatching
7 Years
Aug 5, 2012
Hello,

We had a small backyard flock of 3(we tried to maintain 3 anyway) that has been victimized a couple times and we only have one beautiful RIR hen left after last night : (. Being in a suburban area, there is only so much we can do to protect them and it has been frustrating to say the least. She is 10 mos old bought from a reputable farm in Freehold, NJ last spring as a chick. She has been free ranging all of her life and is fed an organic feed. Similarly, she is comfortable around cats and dogs (we have a small backyard which they all share). She lays big brown eggs daily. We will come to you with the bag of organic layer feed which is about 3/4 full and a "flock block" (purina brand).

We are reasonable people and will accomodate you if you are willing to accept her sooner than later- I am afraid that being lonely and cold will really affect her as she will not go into the coop and insists on roosting on the deck railing during these cold nights. She really is a beautiful bird and amazingly she has survived all of these attacks (says something about her instincts).

Email me with contact info given and I will send pics and answer any questions.

Thanks for reading and appreciate any inquiries to get her a home with friends!

Tim

I live in Dorothy, NJ I would give her a good home if you wanted to deliver her. I have an amish coop with an attached run. I double lock them up at night and feed them warm molasses oatmeal on the fridged nights, like last night..... brrr. I have 3 RIR, 1 silkie hen(s), and a silkie rooster. Coop holds up to 15. I do not know where somerset is... but my zip is 08317. I understand if you didn't want to drive...

Back
Top Bottom