1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

10+ New Hampshire hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kathyinmo, Feb 20, 2011.

1. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

10+ New Hampshire hatching eggs. If I get 12 eggs in 3 days (as I have been), I will send them all. These will be shipped out Monday, Feb. 28. I accept Paypal. If you prefer to pay with a money order, shipment will be delayed until payment is received.

My New Hampshires came from Doug Akers. Doug is an outstanding breeder and exhibitor of poultry. He is just a great guy. I am grateful to him for these beautiful birds. This is what he told someone who inquired about my stock:

The New Hampshires that Kathy got from me originated from a breeder in Germany, just a few years ago.

These New Hampshires are of outstanding exhibition quality, better than any New Hampshire large fowl in the US. It’s ironic that the Germans took a breed that originated in the US and did a better job breeding it than we did in the US. They’ve got better type, color and tails than the US birds.

A little history: New Hampshires, along with a few other breeds (like the Plymouth Rock / Amrock), were introduced into Germany as part of the post war reconstruction efforts. They became quite popular in Germany, while their population in the USA plummeted. It has been said that Germany has the best New Hampshires in the world.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  2. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    [​IMG] WOW! Gorgeous birds!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  3. heritagehabitatfarms

heritagehabitatfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2009
    clinton ar
    so ill start the bidding off... i know i wont win as i cant afford to spend much right now but i want them soooo bad lol.... thanks Kathy

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    These birds are just gorgeous eye candy! WOW!

5. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    You have AMAZING NHs!

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

NOW you're tempting me!!

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have never seen New Hampshires like these....wow!!!

8. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Your birds are gorgeous Kathy, any chance you will be offering chicks in the springtime too?

9. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:Thank you all.

Jeremy, I don't think I will be selling chicks. I will offer a few eggs, but then I will be hatching for myself.

These are excellent dual purpose birds. The 4 pullets I have rarely miss a day laying. I intend to fill my freezer and have some great layers.

10. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Bad Kathy! You aren't supposed to make my heart race.... You are going to get a new record on these I predict! You know I gotta have some!

I had to bid. [​IMG]

Terra won't notice... will she?

If so I'm gonna be in SOOO much trouble. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by