10 new rabbits!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by IcarusSomnio, Aug 7, 2010.

1. IcarusSomnio

IcarusSomnio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Vernon County, MO
    HAPPY DAYS! I bought 9 Viennas and 1 Pearl. 7 of them are does, three experienced mothers and bred to the Pearl buck, and one maiden doe also bred to the Pearl. The others I don't think are bred yet, their at least 6 months old but not showing any signs of pregnancy.

Unless the Pearl is hiding a Vienna gene in there (he's solid pearl white, with brown eyes) there will be no Blue Eyed Whites in these litters. Mayyyybe some Viennas, but I'm not getting my hopes up [​IMG]

The other two bucks are also Vienna's, some of the does have the tiniest bit of Vienna white on them (I nearly marked them for sale!) so overall it was a good buy. I've been searching for breeding age Vienna's for ages and now an entire herd has fallen into my lap! [​IMG]

The downside is that they all have Ear Cankers, which I treated yesterday. In about a week they should be all cleared up and can run with my little Dutch buck.

Happy happy happy! [​IMG]

2. Crazyland

Crazyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    You'll have to take pictures!
    I bet they are all adorable.

3. IcarusSomnio

IcarusSomnio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Vernon County, MO
    Quote:I gotta bathe them first! [​IMG] My WHITE pearl buck is a lovely spotted lemon yellow color, and half my does have this nasty feeling, rough, dirty, pee-stained coat. I don't normally bathe rabbits, but these guys are in need of an serious intervention. Right now their lounging in the back room until I get the cage setup better, I want pregnant does, bucks, and juvenile does all separated.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by