10 plus any extra laid Iowa Blue Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mrheinz77, Oct 4, 2011.

1. mrheinz77

mrheinz77 New Beginnings Poultry

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    Up for auction are 10 Iowa Blue Eggs plus any extras laid from Friday through Sunday . I am part of a group trying to breed these magnificent birds back to what they once looked like. There has been some introduction of other breeds several generations ago and a mossiness still appears.
    Iowa Blues are a dual purpose breed that are great for free ranging. The roosters take good care of their girls. My rooster has been very calm while the hens are a little more standoffish. They are getting better with the introduction of treats. I have one rooster in with 6 hens getting anywhere from 3-5 eggs a day. I have received excellent reports on my shipped eggs.

Fertility has been great in my incubator. I guarantee fresh & fertile eggs. However, I cannot guarantee hatch-ability due to many variables out of my control after the eggs leave my hands, such as shipping & handling, incubation equipment, and incubation methods. I always pack extremely well and try to include extras. I have received excellent reports on my shipped eggs.

Payment is by Pay Pal only within 12 hours of the end of the auction. PayPal [email protected] PM me with any questions.

This is a picture of my rooster with his tail grown back in. It was taken with my phone so its not the best quality.

[​IMG]

One of my pullets not related to the current line.

[​IMG]

A new chick (They may also appear chocolate colored.)
    [​IMG]

2. mrheinz77

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    With Monday being Columbus Day these will be Sat - Mon eggs shipped Tuesday to the winning bidder.

3. mrheinz77

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    My response to a question about Ia Blue.

The Iowa Blue lay anywhere from a tinted egg to a light brown, almost similar to Sussex eggs. They are ideal for free range flocks. The roosters are very good to their flock. It is said they will take on a hawk and win. I bought my flock in July and they were skittish. Now if I walk in the coop the rooster comes to see what is going on and if I am bringing treats. The hens are getting better. They will go broody and make good moms. I haven't experienced this but I was told by others.
    There is a group working on this breed to get them back to a true birchen color without mossiness. We also hope toi get them accepted into the SOP in the future.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by