1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

10+ Project Lavender Orpington Eggs - CHICK PICS ADDED

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tgrlily, Feb 11, 2011.

1. tgrlily

tgrlily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    I'm offering 10+ eggs from my Lavender Orpington Project pen. My incubators are overflowing & the girls are still laying up a storm. I'm averaging four to six eggs a day from just their pen, guess I need a bigger bator! The pics are very recent... they had to be bribed to go outside their nice warm coop. I'll add some chick pics Saturday morning. [​IMG]

I have 2 beautiful Lavender roosters over 2 Lavender pullets and 4 stunning black hens. The Lav pullets & cockerel are my 2nd generation from hinkjc, the older is an enormous rooster who took a very long ride here from Pennsylvania! Thanks, Jody & Charlie! The mother of my younger lavenders is a split who won Best of Breed & Best English at the NYS Fair. My Black Orpingtons are from jmhappycowboy whose blacks are from bamachicken. We feel it's very important to continue to improve the breed & because we show, we only keep exhibition quality birds. I'm using these beautiful black Orps to improve on the body type and the size of the Lavenders, which are already very good. I'm getting three to six eggs per day from their pen. Approximately one third of the chicks will be visually lavender and the rest will carry the lavender gene. When bred back to a lavender rooster, half of the chicks of the splits will be lavender.

I will be offering both the split and lavender chicks in the spring.

We have excellent fertility here, but can't guarantee how the USPS will handle them. I pack eggs the way I prefer to recieve them & only send the freshest ones. I'll individually wrap each egg in a generous amount of bubblewrap, then nestle them snugly in shredded newspaper with another layer of bubblewrap lining the box to cushion them. They'll ship out priority mail on Monday directly from the Syracuse hub to save shipping time. Paypal only, please.

Happy Bidding!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  2. birds4me

birds4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Minnesota
    Will you ship chicks in the spring or do you just ship eggs?

3. tgrlily

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    I've never shipped chicks, but am looking into it. As of right now, I hadn't planned on it.

4. tgrlily

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Here are some chick pics I just took... shooting pics of chickens is not easy! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. latebloomer

latebloomer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    green mountain state
    they're lovely

6. tgrlily

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse