10+ Serama eggs. Including blues, chocolate, frizzle, barred, sikied

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BeardedLadyFarm, Mar 21, 2011.

1. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    I am finally up to my gills in chicks, and thought I should start selling a few eggs rather than hatching all of them!

As anyone familiar with Serama genetics will tell you, there are lots of genes swimming around out there, and it's hard to know exactly what will come out. I will say that some birds in my flock are blue, chocolate, dun, barred, recessive white, silkied, frizzled, double laced, mottled, and all combinations thereof.

I have been raising Seramas for a little more than a year, so I don't claim that I am an expert nor do I claim that these are show quality, as I have yet to show a bird. I did spend a lot of time and money buying the best breeder stock I could find. Nearly all of my cockerels came from Jerry, as did several of my pullets. My chocolate frizzle cockerel originated with Juliette (Pixiechick), and one the mottle cockerel I was told originated with Picture Perfect Poultry, though he was a gift- I didn't purchase him directly. Pullets are from Jerry, Bluegrass Seramas, and other sources.

My birds are mostly C's with a few B's. I have excellent fertility and hatch rates, and chicks seem to be A, B, and C sized.

I have recently rotated my pairings, so I can't guarantee specific parents of each egg. All birds are kept as pairs or trios, so the ratio for fertility is great.

The buyer assumes all risk, as Seramas are notorious for being difficult to ship and hatch. It is possible. I have done it, as have others I know. Experience in incubation is helpful.

Eggs will be gathered Wednesday through Saturday, and shipped Saturday morning.

(Many of these cockerels are for sale as well. Chicks and started birds are also available. Please PM me for details)

Cockerels
    Mottled
    [​IMG]
    Barred/Crele-ish
    [​IMG]
    Blue and Gold
    [​IMG]
    Chocolate based Frizzle
    [​IMG]

Pullets and Hens
    Chocolate laced
    [​IMG]
    Black
    [​IMG]
    Blue
    [​IMG]
    Frizzle
    [​IMG]

Juveniles
    [​IMG]
    Chicks
    [​IMG]
    Day olds
    [​IMG]

2. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Gorgeous pictures!!! Those babies staring out the window are a hoot! What beautiful Seramas you have! [​IMG]

3. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    I love the pic of the frizzled one that is outside. Gorgeous! [​IMG]

4. BeardedLadyFarm

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    Quote:Thanks! That was her last summer. I got her from Jessi at Bluegrass Seramas.

She looks a little rough now from all the lovin' that blue and gold boy has been giving her...

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Bailey!!! they are beautiful!!!! awesome pictures!!!! [​IMG]

6. LovinMyPeeps

LovinMyPeeps Sees Wine Dots

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    Gorgeous birds Bailey, is that grill for the ones that misbehave??

7. BeardedLadyFarm

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    Quote:Hooray iPhone camera!

8. BeardedLadyFarm

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    Quote:I haven't eaten any Seramas yet, but I'm sure you could. Might be a bit too much work for the meat...

9. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    I find it sad that your iphone takes better pictures than my actual digital camera! Time for an upgrade. [​IMG] I may also be interested in a frizzled cock. I'll message you.

10. cottagegarden

cottagegarden Eggistentialist

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
    Gorgeous!! Whoever is lucky enough to win them will be thrilled!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by