10 week hens pick up orange county SOCAL

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rosegal, Jul 15, 2011.

1. rosegal

rosegal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2008
    Tustin, CA
    Feed store will pay me $13 per hen, so that is bottom line going rate in this area. These babies have been hand fed, very babied and are sweet as sugar. They free range with my older hens and are fully integrated into backyard living. You would have to take 2 of a group, since they are used to being together. The rocks and sussex stick together, so you could possibly do 1 each of those. It would depend on the birds though, if I know they love each other.
    Partridge Barred Rock
    Speckle Sussex
    Buckeye
    Blue Andalusan

2. GoodLuckCharlie!

GoodLuckCharlie! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    HI, I was wondering if your birds have been vaccinated or using medicated feed. And I was also wondering what brids you have left and where the pickup would be, Tustin? Thanks. I live in Escondido, and I have 11 week olds that are free ranging it happily. [​IMG]

3. rosegal

Dec 6, 2008
    Tustin, CA
    They were vaccinated and I used medicated for 6 weeks. There isn't any non medicated starter in this area. At 3 weeks, I begin grasses. At 4 weeks, I begin using ground up grain mixtures and move them into full seeds, grasses, flowers, or all kinds. So, they get commercial food, available, but they have fresh grains as well. They are now eating free range, layer when they want it, grasses, all grains, seeds and scraps of all kinds, milk, yogurt, legumes.They get a nightly treat of warm pasta before bed that they love. They are very spoiled. I could meet you half way if you would like.
    Right now I have nearly 11 weeks:
    buckeye
    blue andalusan
    partridge barred rock
    speckle sussex

Sultans that are 4 months, I need to part with a couple of these.

4. GoodLuckCharlie!

GoodLuckCharlie! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    They sound great, but my husband reminded me I should probably hatch the ones in the incubator first and see how many hens we get. Thanks though and good luck [​IMG]

5. rosegal

Dec 6, 2008
    Tustin, CA
    that's funny. Good luck with your eggs.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by