10 Week Old Buff Brahma: Pullet?

faulknerfarm

In the Brooder
Jul 28, 2022
Utah County
Biff the Buff Brahma is 10-11 weeks old and has been in our home for a week. The breeder thought that she was male, but her brother started to look significantly more male than she did so he sent her home with us.

We're getting attached and I'd love confirmation that others see female as well. I haven't found many tips online of how to sex her. Thanks!

IMG_3621.jpg
IMG_3628.jpg
IMG_3637.jpg
IMG_3630.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3635.jpg
    IMG_3635.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 8
Yeah, it sucks when this happens, and it has happened to most of us. But it's better to be forewarned. If you trade him in, a buff Brahma pullet should have an almost flat and pale comb, and there shouldn't be much wattle development. The color on buff females should be pretty even all over the body, not with darker areas at the shoulders. Best of luck!

Yeah, it sucks when this happens, and it has happened to most of us. But it's better to be forewarned. If you trade him in, a buff Brahma pullet should have an almost flat and pale comb, and there shouldn't be much wattle development. The color on buff females should be pretty even all over the body, not with darker areas at the shoulders. Best of luck!
I'm in that predicament now. Good news is Brahma roosters are well thought of, so you will hopefully be able to rehome him.

Back
Top Bottom