10 week old Buff Orpingtons, want to confirm their Gender.

Elfonzyo

Chirping
Jul 19, 2021
Central Florida
I have 3 Buff Orpingtons, one looks clearly different than than the other two, so I am pretty sure that it's a Cockerel. Bigger comb/wattles , and more aggressive Personality (goes to attack my slippers, while the other 2 run away). The feathers look different too, but to me it's hard to tell because the buff orpington color. I'm sure once they get older, the feathers will be much more distinguishable.

I've attached two photos, the first one of which I think is the cockerel, and the 2nd one is just one of what I think is a pullet. Just want to get some confirmation that I'm right.

Attachments

• 20210928_170257.jpg
    20210928_170257.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210928_170226.jpg
    20210928_170226.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 34
I have 3 Buff Orpingtons, one looks clearly different than than the other two, so I am pretty sure that it's a Cockerel. Bigger comb/wattles , and more aggressive Personality (goes to attack my slippers, while the other 2 run away). The feathers look different too, but to me it's hard to tell because the buff orpington color. I'm sure once they get older, the feathers will be much more distinguishable.

I've attached two photos, the first one of which I think is the cockerel, and the 2nd one is just one of what I think is a pullet. Just want to get some confirmation that I'm right.
First is a cockerel, second is a pullet. Just like you thought.

Yep, first is cockerel

Back
Top Bottom