10 week old Coronation Sussex male, pick up only. Missouri

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kathyinmo, Aug 26, 2011.

1. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I have a 10 week old Coronation Sussex male for sale. Pick up only. I live in Nevada, MO.

[​IMG]

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Would you consider shipping?

~ Aspen [​IMG]

3. kathyinmo

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Would you consider shipping?

~ Aspen [​IMG]

No. Sorry.​

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:No. Sorry.

Drat!

~ Aspen [​IMG]

5. taylor0219

taylor0219 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2010
    Hi there, I have hatched many sussex and the one in this pic looks like a hen. I just wanted to make sure you didn't sell a hen thinking it was a roo. I could be totally wrong, but I just wanted to tell you just in case [​IMG]

6. kathyinmo

Quote:Thank you. I am pretty sure it is male. A female at this age wouldn't have such bright red waddles and comb, would it? At only 10 weeks old?

7. taylor0219

Oct 2, 2010
    I know it seems unusual. I raise silvers, coronation and lights and they seem to develop larger more red wattles at a younger age than many of the other breeds. "She" just looks female to me. I can usually sex the chicks almost immediately after hatch just by the shape of their head and the way their face looks. The females have
    much "prettier" petite faces. Then by 3-4 weeks I am 100% sure because of the size of their combs and wattles. "She" looks to have a relatively small comb and wattles for the breed. Did you hatch others that you could compare features with?

8. kathyinmo

No. This is the only one I hatched. It was an accidental hatch .... wasn't suppose to be in the incubator!

Well, thank you very much for your insight. I sure appreciate that you took the time to tell me this! [​IMG] Maybe I will just keep this chick and see!

Thanks again!

9. taylor0219

Oct 2, 2010
    Ok that sounds like a great plan. I would want someone to tell me too. I would hate to give away a beautiful hen thinking it was a rooster. If by small chance, "she" turns out to be a "he", I am very sorry. Usually I don't say much online, but I really wanted to let you know my experience. All the best to you [​IMG]

10. kathyinmo

This is great news, really! I am excited at the possibility! I could use another female, though do not need any more males!

Thank you so much!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by